Boiler Services in Liverpool
An annual boiler service is extremely important for keeping your boiler functioning smoothly and safely. We provide a high quality professional boiler service in Liverpool that will ensure you get the most efficiency out of your boiler for as long as possible.
Regular boiler servicing can minimise the risk of your boiler needing a repair early in its life. For example, surveys have revealed that out of only around three in ten boilers that are serviced every year required a repair in their first six years. This figure increases to roughly six in ten boilers if they are only serviced every two to five years. So, by spending some money on a boiler service you could potentially save yourself from a huge repair bill in the future, as well as giving you peace of mind that your boiler is working as it should.
Boiler service checklist
We believe it’s important to know exactly what you will get when you come to us for your boiler service, so you can feel assured that when you use our boiler service in Liverpool, you are getting your money’s worth.
Here is what typically takes place during a boiler service:
- A visual check of the boiler and flame (if possible)
- Check on the flue (internally and externally)
- Looking at the operating pressure and/or heat input
- Checking the safety devices
- Examine case seals for an effective seal
- The casing of the boiler is removed to check all of the main elements (burner, heat exchanger, main injector, spark/sensor probe)
- Boiler is safely fired to highlight any working faults
- Boiler parts are cleaned if necessary
- A service report is provided demonstrating everything the engineer has done
What are the benefits of having a regular boiler service?
The main key benefits of having your boiler regularly serviced are:
- Safety- any appliance that burns wood or fossil fuels (like natural gas) could produce poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) if they are not working properly. Therefore, in order to keep everyone in your household safe, our Gas Safe registered engineer will check your boiler for CO emissions.
- Keep your warranty valid- in the terms of many boiler warranties it is required that you have your boiler serviced every year by a Gas Safe engineer. Not adhering to this can make your warranty invalid and lead to very expensive repair bills should your boiler break down.
- Less breakdowns- like when you take your car for an MOT, having your boiler serviced means all of the main parts are checked for wear and tear and replaced if needed. This means that the boiler is much less likely to break down when you need it the most, especially in cold winter months.
- Efficiency- a well-maintained and regularly serviced boiler will operate more efficiently and be more long-lasting. This means that you are using less fuel and lowering your energy bills.
- Environmentally beneficial- improving the efficiency of your boiler should help to reduce your carbon emissions which is better for the environment and extremely important during the struggle against climate change.
Common boiler problems
As well as having your boiler serviced every year, it can be beneficial to be aware of some common problems that you could encounter with your boiler. However, keep in mind that you shouldn’t try to repair the boiler yourself, you should contact us for your professional boiler repair in Liverpool. Attempting to fix an issue yourself could lead to further problems with the boiler and end up costing you more money.
Most serious boiler faults are difficult for a layman to accurately diagnose, and if you are not a trained heating engineer you should never attempt any repairs that involve taking off the boiler casing. It is not only dangerous to do so, but it will also invalidate any warranty that you might have had left on the boiler.
Some common examples of boiler issues are:
Frozen boiler condensate pipe
During a cold spell in the winter, it is quite common for a frozen condensate pipe (a feature of a condensing boiler) to put your boiler out of action. It is not technically a fault with the boiler but if the condensate pipe is frozen, the boiler will shut down for safety reasons.
Boiler losing pressure
If your boiler has lost pressure it could have been caused by a few things, but most commonly it will either be a leak, you have recently bled your radiators and the system has lost some pressure, or your heating has been off for a long period of time and lost pressure.
Water leaking from the boiler
This is typically the result of old and corroded washers. You will need one of our trained heating engineers to open up the boiler and replace them for you.
These are some fairly common boiler problems but there can be faults that are dangerous and urgently need looking at by an expert. Contact us today if you need an emergency boiler repair in Liverpool, our friendly and experienced team are here to help get your boiler up and running as quickly and efficiently as possible.