How You Could Replace Your Old Boiler with a New A-Rated One via Free Boiler Scheme
The ‘Affordable Warmth’ section of the energy company’s obligations outlines the concept of free boiler funding. This means that eligible householders could be in line for a free boiler that’ll help them save big on their heating bills.
Keep reading to find out whether or not you’re likely to be eligible for funding and how you can get started with the process.
Do You Qualify for a Free Boiler?
Under the government’s ECO scheme, the ‘Big Six’ energy suppliers – Scottish Power, British Gas, E.ON, EDF, SSE and nPower – are obliged to provide free grants towards the installation of energy-saving boilers.
This means if you’re eligible, you’ll get a brand new A-rated boiler for free (or at a fraction of the usual cost). The scheme is open to UK households, and you could take advantage of it just like many homeowners already have.
To find out if you qualify, start by simply entering your postcode. This won’t take more than a minute! Next, make sure you meet the requirements below:
- You must be a homeowner.
- Your boiler must be at least 7 years old.
- You must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefit types:
- Child Tax Credit
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Guaranteed Credit (excludes Savings Credit)
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits
- Ministry of Justice Benefits (administered by Veterans UK)
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Child Benefit
If you or anyone within your household is in receipt of one or more of the benefit types listed above provided by the UK government, then there’s a high chance that you’re in line to qualify through the government scheme. You just need to take a few moments today to find out whether or not you’re eligible, and our team will handle the rest.
Even if you aren’t in receipt of any benefits, you could still qualify for a subsidised boiler or a discount on a new boiler. Simply click for a quote and you’ll get an energy-efficient boiler at a fraction of the usual cost.
What Happens if You Qualify for a New Boiler?
Our company is an end-to-end full-service company, not a 3rd party. Once you qualify for a new replacement boiler, here’s what we’ll do:
- We’ll carry out the survey:
- Our in-house professional heating specialist will set up an appointment to visit your home according to your schedule.
- We’ll guide you through the process and complete all the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
- Then, an installation date will be set and followed up by customer aftercare.
- We’ll carry out the installation with a team of professional engineers. This includes collecting and disposing of your old boiler as well as installing your new one free of mess.
- We’ll provide customer after-care to make sure a post-installation safety inspection is carried out.